Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day, so let me reminisce. My Mom spent a lot of time playing with me when I was young, which I guess set a foundation for why I'm so close to her. Growing up she never seemed unreasonable or stressed, although a couple times she'd start counting at 2 (my parents would count to 3 before giving me a spank). And while I don't remember too many spanks, I'm glad I got them and other types of discipline as well. I must have got my love of reading from my Mom (even though I remember my Dad taking me to the library). I came home from school for lunch every day, and a great lunch was always waiting. In fact there was always lots of good food, including her homemade spaghetti sauce and bread. Mom dragged me out to church, much against my will, for many years until I finally as an adult made the decision to personally adopt the Faith. And even now that I've grown up, I still bounce my ideas off her and love to hear her voice. Thanks Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home