Thursday, June 01, 2006

So much to read, and so little time

I'm currently re-reading "Mere Christianity" in preparation for a course I hope to teach next Fall. Likewise I've started reading "Thinking Like a Christian" which is a curriculum for teaching a Christian worldview. Also on the go are Plato's "Republic", John Glenn's autobiography and Winston Churchhill's "History of the English Speaking Peoples". I'm about half way through Dembski's "Intelligent Design" and John Piper's "Desiring God". The problem is that I start a book and get part way through it when some other book seems so appealing.

On a different note, I listened to the 10 messages in Stand to Reason's "Guard the Treasure - Masters Series in Christian Thought 2006". Very interesting. I also have the 2 DVD set "Tactics for Defending the Faith", but I so seldom get time in front of the TV that it may be a while before I finish them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shawn, I understand about finding other stuff to learn while reading something else. I've recently become very interested in that vidoe series you mentioned, "tactics for defending the faith." I've looked around the 'Net for it, but have been unsuccessful. Would you mind telling me where you found it? I'd rather not pay full retail, but will if needed.

Would you mind writing jcslight@comcast.net?

Thanks & God Bless!
Rebecca

9:16 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

www.str.org carries it. I've listened to the first DVD and it's good so far. If you have time to listen to sermons on CD, I also recommend their "Masters Series in Christian Thought" with 10 sermons by 5 different individuals.

9:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home