Saturday, May 13, 2006

Minor Humiliations

I was in a meeting the other day at work and we were talking about SAP, the major financial software package produced in Germany. Up until a couple of years ago we were still getting popup messages in German even though we were using the English version. Anyway. on commenting about this I said to the coop student across from me, "Sprechen Sie Deutsches?" Ha ha. Well it turned out he and I were the only two people in the room who didn't speak German. Oops.

I was walking towards the coffee machine at work and saw a woman whom I haven't seen for a couple of years. I said, "Hi, how are you?" Of course she turned around and it was someone I've never met. So I said, "I'm sorry, I thought you were someone I knew. I guess I have to humiliate myself every once in a while." So I turned to go into the bathroom, and in pushing the door open I almost killed the guy on the other side of the door who was just coming out. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home