Friday, December 10, 2004

More on Preparing for the Future

I’ve been thinking more about what to do to prepare for my next career. I’ve downloaded some stuff to play around with J2ME, which would allow me to do Java development for the Palm PDA. I’m just installing some tools and figuring out what I will need to do to if this is a course I want to pursue.

On the other hand, an opportunity opened up at work. There is a need to write some DXL scripts for the DOORS system my team maintains. I don’t have anyone who has enough free time to take this on, so I might end up doing it myself. Getting in a number of months of core DXL scripting would certainly be a marketable skill. However I would need to think about it because I don’t want to get distracted from my primary task, which is managing a team of developers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home