Monday, September 06, 2004

Long Weekend

It's been a busy long weekend, although when are weekends not busy! On Saturday I had some running around to do, and took the two oldest children to the library. Unfortunately I ran over a squirrel on the way home. I feel bad about it, but there was no way I could avoid it. I also got the lawn mowed. It is starting to look OK. I hired a lawn care company to fertilize and do organic weed control. Also, my parents pulled a lot of weeds, and I've been trying to do some weed pulling here and there. So, it's now looking OK, rather than the total disgrace it was a couple of months ago.

We were the "Host and Hostess" on Sunday for the speaker, and had a good time. Karen did a pot roast and a really great ice cream cake for dessert. Hannah had given us a really rough night, so we were unable to make it out in the evening. One good thing is that I can now rock Hannah down to sleep. For a while, she would struggle every time I tried to rock her. Now she lays there calmly as I rock, though she doesn't always go to the sleep!

This morning Karen was schooling and I was working on a sermon. This afternoon I had a nap (bliss!) and took the 3 children out for a long walk. I also spent some time reading "Conversion" by Malcom Muggeridge. His style of writing is quite thoughtful and quite beautiful. As a book, it is much like C.S. Lewis' "Surprised by Joy". If you enjoyed one, you'll enjoy the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home