Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Miscellaneous Update

Hannah went to the doctor today, and he said "no problem". She is feeling a lot better, as evidenced by acting the way she usually does. In other words, it is now her fussy time and she's crying.

Wonder of wonders, the ACLU in the United States finally did something right. A Pastor got kicked out of a public park for performing baptisms in the river. Although the park officials said they had no policy on this, they still asked him to leave. The ACLU has stated that if people are allowed to wade in the water, there is no reason to prevent baptisms in the same water. Usually the ACLU is known for supporting all kinds of wacky leftist causes.

I received an email today saying "Copyright Violation". Usually this kind of email is just spam and I delete without reading, but this time I took a chance. It turns out that the webmaster of a popular Christian site objected to me copying a couple of articles off their site several years ago (giving credit to the original authors of course). Over the years I have linked to a lot of articles, only to have them go away. When I found these articles, I downloaded copies of them to my web site so that the original links could disappear but these articles would still be available. Apparently this is unacceptable. This webmaster wants the content only available on his website. OK, I deleted 4 articles and now I'm compliant. But I do have some serious reservations about Christians copyrighting materials and then preventing their distribution. Not sure what this guy says he does for a living - "I look for copyright violations, to the glory of God"? I thought the goal was to make sure the truth gets spread to the widest audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home