Saturday, May 22, 2004

One other funny incident (plus some other things)

While I was out with the children today, I was listening to CBC Radio 2, which typically plays classical music, as well as some jazz. The children liked the music they were hearing and asked about it, so I got to explain who Hoagy Carmichael was.

My digital camera has a video mode. I took a small clip of Joel holding Hannah while she cried, and sent it to my parents (so they'll know what they are missing). Then I tried a clip in VGA mode, while Hannah was in a better mood. The clip was much better quality than the "email mode", but it took 27 MB. No way to mail that! Too bad, because it had sound and everything. Maybe I'll burn it onto a disk and mail it by snail mail.

At work, we have to come up with a yearly training program. I didn't sign up for any courses this year, but asked my boss if I could order a couple of books. The first is on Corporate Finance. I'm not likely to transfer into the finance group at work, but I think it might be interesting to learn something about this area. The second book is on Organizational Behavior, and should be more directly applicable to my day-to-day job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home