Saturday, June 05, 2004

A Busy Day

Karen let me sleep in today, which is good because the day was rather busy. I took the children to the library. This was the third Saturday in a row. It's working out well. We got some books and some educational videos and a couple of not so educational videos. I also got some grass seed and some top soil, and reseeded the bare patches on the lawn.

Today was also a good day from an educational point of view. I finished reading one of the children's read aloud books from their school curriculum. I went through about half of the new David Macaulay book "Mosque" and made some comparisons of building principles with his book "Cathedral". I looked at an Eyewitness book with Joel on art and perspective. He likes drawing, so I thought it would be good to teach him a bit more about perspective. Then, with the children, I watched a video about the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

I spent some time looking after Hannah, and helped Bethany with learning to ride her bike, and barbequed a flank steak for supper, balanced the chequebook, filled out some paperwork to get reimbursed for an eye exam, played K'NEX with Joel, and worked on a sermon.

I'm tired. Hopefully Hannah will sleep well tonight, so all of us can sleep well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home