Thursday, December 18, 2008

100 Things I Would Like to Do

1. write a book (isn’t this the first item on everyone’s list?)
2. visit the British Museum for 3 uninterrupted days
3. befriend my cat (a.k.a. Lexi the Slasher)
4. start a seminary
5. fix the whining noise from the audio output on my laptop
6. run a political campaign
7. discipline myself to read my Bible more regularly
8. go back to school to study architecture
9. make my wife and children proud of me
10. vacation in the Turks and Caicos Islands
11. shave my head
12. watch the entire Star Trek Voyager series, beginning to end
13. wrestle with my children without getting scars
14. win a game of Strategic Command 2
15. tour Italy
16. exercise daily
17. put interlocking brick at the side of the house (where nothing will grow except weeds)
18. offer a course on Christian worldview
19. do an MBA
20. take the Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Diploma
21. read the great works of theology
22. become a CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
23. write a song (that’s actually worth listening to)
24. do a Masters in Theology
25. improve the “Brethrenonline.org” web site
26. try “the durian”. Foolishly I missed my previous opportunity.
27. learn Latin
28. convince my youngest child to eat meat without a fight
29. learn another programming language
30. play with some Linux applications
31. visit the National Gallery & Smithsonian in Washington
32. run a half-marathon
33. tour the original Marathon in Greece
34. start drawing again
35. take a cruise to Alaska
36. lead someone to Christ
37. visit Israel. See the Valley of Megiddo
38. help my children graduate from university without debt
39. tour the Hermitage in St Petersburg
40. read Calvin’s Institutes
41. keep my desk clean for one week
42. build a study in the basement
43. take an early retirement
44. learn to play a musical instrument
45. go to the Torah Museum in Brooklyn
46. make another good friend
47. lose 20 pounds (and keep it off)
48. restudy the Epistle to the Romans
49. memorize the Epistle to the Romans
50. clean my garage
51. organize a conference
52. learn New Testament Greek
53. develop some reasonable level of skill at chess
54. see the rings of Saturn through my own telescope
55. spend a whole day in worship and prayer
56. start writing with a fountain pen
57. pay off my mortgage
58. have a mortgage burning party for a hundred of my friends
59. restart the “C.S. Lewis Study Group”
60. take Karen somewhere nice for our 15th anniversary
61. prepare some home school curriculum that I can sell as an income stream after I retire
62. finish reading Toynbee’s “A Study of History”
63. keep my job. Some days it’s hard to make a living.
64. make a difference in someone’s life
65. increase my charitable giving each and every year until I retire
66. execute on a plan to deconstruct the Canadian culture
67. test drive a BMW (not to buy, just to try)
68. spend a day phoning everyone I know to give each person a genuine compliment
69. make an impulsive decision (just once)
70. take a ride on a Boeing 787
71. the next time I get a wedding invitation from a friend in India, accept the invitation
72. run “The Theology Program” in Ottawa (from Stonebriar Christian Church)
73. get my PMI certification
74. send my parents on a nice vacation. They’ve done so much for me.
75. listen to all of S. Lewis Johnson’s New Testament expositions (on mp3)
76. play with my grandchildren
77. “rock and roll” with an AK-47 (on a legal shooting range!)
78. make French onion soup from scratch
79. host a home Bible study
80. take up model rocketry
81. fast for a day
82. speak at a homeschooling conference
83. get more traffic on my blog
84. rewrite Master of Orion 2 so it will run under Windows Vista
85. sell automobiles as a way of learning negotiation skills
86. be free from the love of money
87. eat supper at “Signatures”, Ottawa’s only 5 diamond restaurant
88. finish painting the house
89. find the world’s best chicken parmesan
90. come up with an innovative way to use the computer for Bible study
91. organize my library
92. disciple some young men in the Scripture
93. finish reading “Wealth of Nations” and “Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire”
94. learn to fly a plane
95. get my snow blower fixed. Grrr!
96. become a recognized expert in... something
97. help develop some open source software
98. visit Cardiff Castle (it was closed for renovation when I visited when I was 13 years old)
99. take a guided bus tour of the UK
100. live in truth, humility and holiness, worship God, love my family, strengthen my local church and serve my fellow man

5 Comments:

Blogger Rileysowner said...

What is wrong with your snowblower?

10:23 p.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

My first experience owning a snow blower and I left some gas in over the summer. I sent it away to get fixed, the dealer missed several appointments to pick it up (and they are only in my end of town once a week) and when they finally serviced it I still couldn't start it. It's been in the shop for a week again and apparently they haven't got around to looking at it yet, even though Friday (tomorrow) is the day for deliveries out here. I had a great buying experience, and service has been TERRIBLE.

10:55 p.m.  
Blogger ROGER TRUCKER said...

You've got to be kidding about No. 6...
I'd agree with most of it, though. Especially about writing that book!
Cheers,
RT

3:40 a.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Nope, not kidding. I think it would be a very interesting exercise.

7:17 a.m.  
Blogger ROGER TRUCKER said...

Well, as I sniff the political darkness looming closer, I have to admit it would be challenging... therefore interesting.
Cheers,
RT

8:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home