Thursday, March 08, 2007

Back Up

It's been an interesting week. On Saturday I was putting my tool box away and I hurt my back. I twisted, bent, then yelped. I was able to slowly stand again without help, but ended up going to bed for the rest of the day. I was still hurting Monday and took the day off work. Today I went to Physiotherapy, and it is feeling a lot better. The PT did a back assessment, figured out that it was not a slipped disk or an SI joint, and that it was a problem with the facet joint. She showed me what had happened on a model of the spine, massaged the joint (helpful afterwards but not all that nice while it's happening), zapped me with some electricity, and gave me some exercises. I'm feeling a lot better, but I'm still moving very slow and being really, really careful.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shawn,

Sorry to hear you were injured! I hope your back continues to recover.

It was nice to see you quickly this morning. Cory and I will look forward to getting together with you when he gets back!

Ellen

11:56 a.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

I'll be glad when Cory gets back. You have no idea how hard his absence has been on me! 8-)

5:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure. You poor soul.

11:49 a.m.  
Blogger Shawn Abigail said...

Well you did stick your tongue out at me. Poor little old me, who never provoked you in any way...

12:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home