Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Perfect Come Back...

You know how you think of the perfect response, but always too late? Well that happened to me today. The perfect response, but a few minutes too late. I got a phone call from the Conservative Party asking me for a contribution. I said, no, and that I preferred to give to my local association. What I should have said was “I'm having dinner with the Finance Minister tomorrow night. I'll give him the cheque then.”


This is technically true. I am having dinner with the Finance Minister and the Minister of National Defense tomorrow night. Just because there will be several hundred other people at this dinner fund raiser doesn't distract from the fact of who I'm having dinner with. I had the perfect comeback, but I failed to use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home