Saturday, January 07, 2006

Was it a good Saturday?

This morning I downloaded the "Lego Digital Designer", which is a computer program that lets children design their own Lego kits. If they like it, and if Dad provides a credit card number, the creation gets uploaded to Lego and they mail you a kit for building this new creation. Joel got to play on that for a while. Then I took the older 2 children sliding. They had a blast, and then we went to a friend's house for hot chocolate. After lunch I took the older children to see the Chronicles of Narnia. They enjoyed it, and got to have popcorn and pop. After we got home, I let the children go play outside with one of their friends, and eventually the friends came over to our house to play. After the friends left, Joel asked me if I would play Lego with him. I said no, and he started whining at me. Dispassionately I realize I'm not the worst father in the world, but why is it that after a full day of great activities, Joel can make me feel like a terrible Dad for not playing Lego with him?

Karen made turkey soup today. She boiled down the turkey carcass from Christmas dinner (which had been frozen) and added vegetables and rice. Needed a little more pepper, but hey, when does soup ever have enough pepper? Anyway, I thought it was really good. I hope she makes soup every time we have a turkey!

A friend sent me a newpaper clipping about the upcoming election. According to a poll, 25% of Canadians think Stephen Harper has a secret agenda. However 35% think Paul Martin does. Interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home